Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Applications in GIS/Crime analysis




Wish I knew how to make buffers transparent. Also had noticed in side column of graph that not all stations show up. Maybe I should have gotten rid of it altogether. I added census block to each crime layer but looked overwhelming so deleted. I never could get the Effect toolbar to do what it was supposed to but did know census layer was underneath as could put layer on top of crime layer and would show up.

Based on the analysis I would recommend 2 additional locations for police stations in the areas shown because based on overall crimes these areas are hot spots just within the 6 mile buffers. If I could put three more stations in I would include 1 9 miles to the East of the Clear Lake Patrol, 9 miles South of Forden Patrol and 15 miles NE of Clear Lake patrol all of which are towards the outskirts of the city. I would also put more police units out on the night shiftsbased on the time analysis

No comments:

Post a Comment