Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Applications in GIS/Hurricane Katrina Project


I wanted to show this project as I it gives an overall idea as to what land types were affected due to the hurricane and it is easy to understand sq miles. I learned how to create a graph relatively on my own and that each step is vital (ie I forgot to click on the radio button to show only selected features ) there are still some things I do not understand in particular when to float , Text etc. when creating a new attribute in the attributes table. I tried to get rid of the Not Flooded item in the legend but to no avail in fact I ended up loosing the information I had obtained in the floodedlc file and had to go back and redo all that information again! Biggest thing is try to follow directions and not go off and do things that aren't necessary asked for!

No comments:

Post a Comment