Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Applications in GIS/Urban Planning


I enjoyed working on these deliverables because they introduced me to some new ways tools such as the merge tool. Sometimes I think "wow these are great" but I am not sure I could make these maps without step by step instructions. For example when I add a field I don't think I really understand "text" vs "short integer" vs other options in this area or at least I have an idea but there are still some doubts! Anyway it was a good refresher to use AI. I can say for sure that it takes me at least triple the proposed time ESRI proposes to complete these exercises. I am not quite sure how to figure out the scale on this map so I just noted it was distorted nor am I quite sure if my north arrow is correct?

No comments:

Post a Comment